Company Administrator and Community Coordinator
We are seeking a dynamic self-starter with strong operational and stakeholder management skills to join our growing team, and to help support the Management Committee and staff with the mountain of administration required to provide amazing circus classes, experiences and productions.
About Circus Ipswich
Circus Ipswich Inc. was founded in 2017 with a mission to bring the joy of the circus arts to Ipswich, Queensland. We are a youth circus organisation that runs classes and workshops to build circus skills in children aged 6+ and introduce them to the art of circus performance.
We currently offer three main programs:
- Circus Foundations – a skills-based program where students seek to progress their circus capability in a non-competitive environment
- Umbrella Circus – a program dedicated to children on the Autism Spectrum and other special abilities
- Performance Projects – collaborating with professional artists providing opportunities to create and perform
Circus Ipswich has seen demand for these programs grow significantly over the last few years and is ready to embark on its next stage of growth, including the introduction of a performance program and collaboration with an internationally acclaimed circus company.
Title: Company Administrator and Community Coordinator
Job Location: Ipswich, Queensland (some location flexibility exists for the right candidate)
Employment Status: Casual, for at least 12 months, with the possibility of extension pending financial position
Hours: An average of approximately 15 hours per week (hours subject to activity load of the organisation)
Work Type: Flexible, from home (some tasks required onsite at events and activities)
Probation Period: 3 months
Salary: $80,000 (Prorated based on hours worked) / $40 per hour
Reports to: Management Committee
COMPANY ADMINISTRATOR AND COMMUNITY COORDINATOR (NEWLY CREATED POSITION)
Tasks and duties:
- Managing the Enrolments
- Scheduling and Record Keeping
- Reporting to Management Committee
- Other administrative tasks as required
Marketing, communications and community relationship-building:
- Manage email, website and social media and other communications
- Engage with community and company activities
- Issue and pay invoices
- Maintain financial records and reports
Training Centre and Event administration:
- Provide on-site support at the Circus Ipswich Training Centre as required
- Project manage events when needed
The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude and be proactive in creating efficient processes to maintain organisational operations and ensure completion of any task at hand.
Essential skills and experience:
- Previous administration and/or project management experience preferred
- Experience with computer software and digital and a basic understanding of website maintenance
- Experience in financial management systems and software such as Xero
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Flexibility and adaptability and the ability to work autonomously and as a part of a team
Desirable skills and experience:
- An understanding and/or appreciation of artists, the contemporary circus sector and diverse audience groups
- Experience in marketing
What We Can Offer
- Flexible hours to fit around family or other commitments
- Opportunity to be part of a unique and growing creative business
- Work with a collaborative team where your ideas and contributions are valued
- The freedom to perform tasks the best way possible, not just “the way it’s always been done”
- Career progression and development opportunities as the organisation grows
Applications can be submitted in any format and should include:
- A relevant CV
- A brief explanation (300 words or less) detailing what excites you about this role
- A response to the selection criteria demonstrating how you meet the requirements
Applications should be addressed to the Circus Ipswich Management Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions close 5pm on Friday 5th March 2021, with interviews to be conducted early in the following week, and a start date to be negotiated with the successful applicant.
For additional information, or if you require any assistance with your application, please contact Dr Meg Hooper, Circus Ipswich President, at email@example.com.
Circus Ipswich believes in equal opportunity employment and applicants of all demographics are encouraged to apply. If you have special requirements, we are very happy to assist the right candidate for this job perform to the best of their abilities.